I DID SOMETHING VERY STUPID YESTERDAY.....I MESSED UP MY ENGINE

I DID SOMETHING VERY STUPID YESTERDAY.....I MESSED UP MY ENGINE

Sounds like something I would do.

I was about to try a gas treatment on my 65 Crown.
What is the group opinion on these types of things? I
am a VERY INexperienced mechanic and I thought it
might help clean out the carbeurator. The car is
sluggish when you first put on the gas but runs fine
when over 15 mph. I think it might be the accelerator
pump.

Anyway - what do all of you gurus think of
oil/gas/other treatments? Are they just for suckers?
Can they create more problems than they solve?

Thanks as always!

Chris Walter
1965 Crown