Re: IML: engine color dumb question

Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
My questions are should the engine color on a 69 Imperial be turquoise and is the color on this 74 Imperial car correct assuming that it is not turquoise but blue? Should the air cleaner on a 74 Imperial say 440 or Imperial?
The '69 Imperial engine color should indeed be turquoise.  Imperial engines were turquoise through '71, then switched to blue for '72.  The blue on the '74 Imperial shown is correct.

The air cleaner on the '74 Imperial should say IMPERIAL, but seems like very, very few of the original IMPERIAL pie tins survive.

Hope this helps!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan