From: Stevan Miner <miner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 4:14 am
Subject: Re: IML: surging at highway speed

Hi Robin,
I would tend to agree with your diagnosis of a vacuum leak or a carburetor issue as a surge is usually caused by a lean fuel condition. The coil and control unit very seldom cause any problems.
Stevan Miner
Miner Auto Service
Winnebago MN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin Giesbrecht" <robings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 10:09 AM
Subject: IML: surging at highway speed

Any ideas on a surging that is slight but getting worse at highway
speeds > on a 72 Imperial. I thought about a possible vacuum leak which I have to > check out with a gauge but what about coil or electronic control unit? Any > experience there? Everything else is great starts, idles, power you really > can't say if there is any difference when you step on it.

Robin Giesbrecht
1972 Imperial