Re: IML: Budd Pad & Caliper Update - 1967-1969

From: Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Budd Pad & Caliper Update - 1967-1969

In the process, I found 2 5-gallon paint buckets full
of D-10(?) pads.  I don't know if that's the right
name, but they fit the budd cores, so they're Budd
pads regardless.

I split them into 3 piles:
===========================
BAD - will toss these into the crate with the calipers
- maybe he can make something out of them?
===========================
OK - used but minimum 50% life left, probably more
===========================
Good - thick, like a number 2 pencil or better.
===========================

I have approximately 3 sets of GOOD and 4 sets of OK.

With the low miles that our cars get put on them, the
OK ones might be just fine for someone for quite some
time?  Good as spares?

Kenyon, just so you know - I have a spare set of these pads for my car, new in box.
   The friction material is 7/16 of an inch thick, for comparison purposes.
This is not to say that the used pads you have are not a valuable resource, if I didn't have the spare set, and my car was on the road, I'd buy a quartet myself. Sounds like the 'good' ones will last a good long time, and the 'OK' ones are good for a while.

The pads don't wear terribly quickly, I have over 40,000 miles on the ones in my car, and they aren't gone yet.
     -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT