Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 10:59 AM
Subject: IML: power steering pump failing 69

Shortly after I start mt 69 LeBaron a rapid loud metallic noise develops which seems to be coming from the power steering pump.

If I apply pressure to the steering wheel to turn the wheels the sound decreases significantly and may completely go away, only to return the second that I release the steering wheel.

This would appear to be the power steering pump failing? Is there anything easy to check to fix this or does it require a rebuild?

Thanks

Fred Joslin