Re: IML: Front Shocks 67 Crown

Ken Lang <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I removed the upper bump stop to allow the whole assembly to drop lower.  Also undid the lower control arm strut rod and the sway bar. None of this lets the lower control arm drop enough to get the shock in.
OK, go to the back of the car, remove the rear bumper, and work your way forward.  ;o)

Just kidding, but I know that it seems like that's about where you have to start for this job!

I have replaced the front shocks on both my '70 and '71 Imperials, which have exactly the same problem as your '67.  In addition to removing the control arm bumper, I cut off about half an inch of the top of the shock rod.  Removing this small amount was enough to get the shock installed without having to unfasten a ball joint.

Hope this helps!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron