Re: IML: 73 Details

Can those little plastic things remove heat from both? They seem flimsey and cheap

From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: 73 Details
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:07:07 -0500

I have a 1969 LeBaron. I purchased a new front windshield for it for $100
from a local auto glsss installer. They quoted me $179 installed. I may
yet have them install it, but probably not.

I think that electric fans are a great idea. Some of the performance auto
suppliers (Jegs, Summit, Mancini, PAW etc) sell complete
fan/shroud/thermostat kits with and without radiators. The functioning of
the shroud is a very important part of the cooling effeciency and it
needs to fit the fan(s) and radiator. I would purchase a complete
radiator/fan/shroud kit if you can, especiaqlly if you are planning to
replace the radiator anyway. They are sold with various HP ratings. If
you go this route, you may need to up grade the electrical. As a bonus,
eliminating the mechanical fan will free up some HP, up to 35 according
to some sources.

Good luck.