IML: Rocker panels rotting 93 Imp.H-E-l-P!

IML: Rocker panels rotting 93 Imp.H-E-l-P!

I went to a body shop today and they said it would probably cost thousands of dollars to put new ones in. He didn't actually see the damage ,but I described it to him. I told him both floor rocker panels were starting to rot and had a lot of rust on them with deep holes at one point near the front door sills. He said that if the rockers are rotting then probably the carriages is as well. He told me to get rid of it now before it gets worst. Is their any way to stop/retard the situation from getting worst? --Otherwise the car is in excellent condition. -What to do? P.S. -The car was bought from a 88 y/o person that lives in Ohio and maintained it well. I'm sure he didn't know this problem existed. -Anthony