From: "Brad Hogg" <luxoliner@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Tar , sap, grease??

Most sorts of hydrocarbon based cleaners or solvents will clean that off.
It will also remove the wax from the surface so you"ll want to re-wax your
car afterwards.  You can even use something as common as gasoline but as
with any flammable cleaner, treat it with respect.  For tar, diesel fuel
works well because it will disolve the tar yet it is less harsh than
gasoline.  Yes, there are dozens of commercialy available products, I'm just
pointing out stuff you probably have around the garage anyway.

If it's tree sap that is over much of the surface, I'd start by trying a
good quality car wash detergent and a woolen mitten.