RE: IML: 61 pre-race CRISIS!

I wouldn't want to encourage anybody to drive with a brake problem....but isn't some degree of hissing normal? I don't know how to describe the noise, but in my 70's era mopars I was told there was a normal noise made by the booster. If not I've been driving it with no problems for an awful long time like that. You have to determine if the noise is usual or a vacuum leak. Good luck.

Rob

From: John Corey <jcorey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: 61  pre-race CRISIS!
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:38:05 -0400

HEEELLLPPP! It's two days before we leave on the Great Race and the '61 failed inspection - no back-up lights, AND, the brakes are making a vacuum-leaking hiss when the pedal is pressed unless I really press down.

Does anyone know where the back-up switch is and how it works or fails?

Can I trust the booster with a vacuum leak like this or must I pull it out and try a fast swap?

near panic.
jc