Re: IML: stalling 69

replace the carb-to-manifold gasket and ensure that
you have a good seal?  When the carb is shut, the
vacuum could be drawing air in through a crack.  When
the RPM and the carb thoat opens up, the vacuum pull
on the failed gasket lessens and your problem goes
away.

That was my experience, anyway.  Could be other things
too.  Take a pair of pliers and clamp down on the
various vacuum lines to pinch them off.  If you do
that and the problem disappears, you know which line
to follow.

-Kenyon

--- Curt Young <curtyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a 69 Le Baron 2 dr. I have had carbarator
> problems. I had the a new kit put on the Holly, but
> it still stalls when you put the gas on just a
> little bit. You have to "feather it". It's difficult
> to drive this way in any stop and go. It also will
> back fire. Once on the interstate, it's fine. Any
> ideas?
> Thanks,
> Curt Young

Kenyon Wills