IML: Question for the Group

Hey guys,

Been out enjoying this wonderful weather in Ohio and decided to catch up on the E-mails. Got a question that maybe someone can help with. I was under the ol' Imperial the other day, by the way- four post lifts are a miracle of engineering genius, and I saw a few drips from the rear end. The car has a few years on her, 1957 was her birth year, and I wondered what it would take to replace / repair her drip. I found the drip to be coming from the rear end. Not the bolts around the "pumpkin" but rather the seal at the pinion and univeral mount. I would suspect that I would need to remove the drive shaft, and pull off the driveshaft mount that connects to the  pinion gear. I have never had one apart, so I was wondering if my logic was correct. Are there any tricks besides lots of luck, a favorite beverage, and prayer to the auto gods that the piece will come off with great ease? Any help from someone that has fixed this problem before would be helpful.

Or the second solution, keep an eye on the gear oil since it just drips, enjoy the summer and resort to a winter project. Yet my garage floor is still pretty shiny, and I do hate leaks!!

Thanks for any help

Ryan in Ohio
1957 Imperial Crown 2 door hdtp