IML: Re:window motor testing

Careful about taking the 12 source to the wires from the motor, they do NOT always just reverse the polarity of the two wires that pigtail out of the motor to change direction. Quite often the case of the motor is used for the ground and one of the pigtail wires is for one direction and the other wire is for the opposite direction. IF the car in question has motors that are wired the same way my 62 is, that will be how the motor works electrically. To check these motors out, I make sure the motor case is grounded, usually by running a wire from one of the thru bolts in the motor case to a good ground - or the ground side of a test battery in this instance. Then I take the positive wire and touch it to one of the pigtail wires and then to the other.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe