Re: IML: 1968 turn signal switch availability

From what I've seen, the non tilt switch is more readily available then the
tilt switch at a much cheaper price.
John
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher H" <imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1968 turn signal switch availability

If you think Collectors Auto Supply is overpriced, I can only imagine what Frank Mitchell is charging! I've always found Collectors to be fair in price (items that are rare are often expensive, I'm afraid, and the non-tilt column was pretty rare on the these cars) and he's always been willing to stand behind the condition of what he sells, something I cannot say for Mr Mitchell. He also sources things from other vendors, so when you see he has 20 of this part (which a search just revealed) with no price, give him a call and see what he can do for you.

Partsvoice shows other vendors with one or two of this switch in stock, so
give them a call too. And don't forget to ask your local Chrysler dealer to
do a search, since you already have the part number. You never know what's
on the shelf sometimes!

And the good thing about an NOS turn signal switch, unlike, say an NOS brake
cylinder, is that it still has most of its useful life ahead of it and
likely has not aged by sitting on the shelf.

Good luck!
Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon