RE: IML: More News of New Imperial

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that marketing executives are quoted in the article. That's their job. The engineers are supposed to be designing the cars, not giving interviews. Besides, there isn't a car yet, so there are no engineers to interview. The article just says there is a niche for a car above the 300. Hopefully a new Imperial. As for Honda and Toyota being driven by engineering rather than marketing, when Honda wanted to sell a near luxury sedan, they invented Acura. Toyota did the same with Lexus because people would not have bought $50,000 Hondas and Toyotas at that time. The entire Prius project is basically marketing driven. I won't even get into Toyotas business practices. As far as I'm concerned, if DCX wants to sell a new Imperial, all they have to do is make a good looking one. Back to the drawing board on the concept.

Rob