Re: IML: How much is a necessary cost?

In Illinois, the antique license plates cost $12 for 5 years, the last
time I bought them. I think they are going up this time around, but not by
much.  Plates for the every day cars cost $78 a year.  Some states have
personal property tax as part of the licence plate fee, but that usually
decreases every year until you just get to the basic license fee.  I do
not happen to know what it is in other states.  Antique insurance for my 4
cars costs $112 a year.  The insurance for my wife's Kia Sorento and my 20
year old pickup costs $485 a year.  Other than living where I have the
indoor storage space for everything, that is the cost of maintaining an
antique car for me.  Obviously, that doesn't include the direct car costs.