From: Greg and Russell
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 5:05 AM
Subject: IML: Chrysler Turbine (an amazing resemblance)

Surely others have noticed but no one has mentioned this.  The Chrysler
Turbine bears an amazing resemblance to the '61 thru '63 Thunderbirds
(imho).  I own a '63 Monaco Landau Thunderbird so maybe I'm just a little
biased.  Did Elwood Engel have anything to do with the design of the
Turbine?  If so, it would come as no surprise to me.  His design for the '64
Imperial borrowed styling cues from the extremely popular (then) '61
Continental.  And as many of you know, the Continental started out as a
Thunderbird.  The two cars were even built at the same plant (Wixom).  Just
curious...

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible