From: gpagency@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 2 May 2006 22:13:20 -0400
Subject: IML: advice /opinion about removal of front fender unit

I am getting close to having the 64 conv repainted. I am debating on removing the whole front end piece so I can get in and paint the firewall (body color?). It would also make it easier for me to detail the front end and repaint the motor, etc. What I am questioning is the difficulty in it's removal. Other the usual unbolting, removing the hood and bumper, do I need to remove the wheelwells from the fenders or will it lift off as is so I can remove them later or do I completly remove them first? If either way is an option I would think that when I reinstall the fenders it should be with the wheelwells attached as to prevent possible scratching?
Opinions and/or advice welcome!
Greg

PS:This site is fantastic! For a new guy with Imperials it has been a blessing!
     Thank you