Re: IML: PCV systems and other California smog trivia; Was: correct car

Re: IML: PCV systems and other California smog trivia; Was: correct carb for '67?

Heh...despite my being younger than any of these cars,
I have heard of a road draft tube.  However, I believe
on the 67 Imperial the PVC tube leads directly into
the carburetor.  On the 68 air filter cover, the tube
goes into it.

> The PCV valve was mandatory for CA cars starting in
> 61 (as I recall), but it
> became a federal requirement a year later.  The
> purpose of that system is to
> prevent crankcase fumes from escaping into the
> atmosphere via the "road
> draft tube" that was on all cars until the PCV
> system.

--Mike Pittinaro

"Forsake Inhibitions.
Pursue thy Dreams."