Re: IML: Lurkers and Imperials

Hi, I would much rather drive the 74 Imperial LeBaron. Oh and I did all weekend, just got my historic tags, so I cruised it around all weekend. It was an expensive cruise with gas at $2.78 per gallon, but well worth the cost. My wife has a 2004 Honda Civic, she dosen't get into the old cars like me. The Honda is a joke of a car compared to my Imperial. But for long trips it makes the trip affordible. That is the best thing I can say about the Honda, it is cramped and gutless. It may be reliable but it has no power. I would much rather be driving my 74 Imperial, it has tons of power and lots of room. It's like sitting in a leather couch whith a steering wheel in front of you. Is your Matador a two door coupe or a four door? I used to have a 74 two door coupe, but mine had a lot of miles,and was very unreliable. I loved the body style though, it was very uniqe, no one else had one. I would like to get a nice one someday. It's the only non Mopar I really want to get.       Tom

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:31 PM
Subject: IML: Lurkers and Imperials

Ok Ok I admit I am a "lurker" most of the time.  I usually just glance through the technical discussions.  I am not a  mechanic but love old cars...especially the unusual ones...just happy to be able to drive any of my beloved oldies.  Anyone who drives a vintage Imperial probably suffers indignities from time to time ("Eww...what is that old boat?").  I like to think that we are saving pieces of history from the scrapyard.  But, hey, would you rather drive a 74 LeBaron or a beige 2004 Toyota Camry?  Hee hee.

Barry
74 Imperial LeBaron
65 Chrysler New Yorker
77 AMC Matador