Re: IML: fender skirts and continental kits

Re: IML: fender skirts and continental kits

Of all the factory photos and illustrations I have seen of the 1951-52
Custom and Crown Imperials, all have fender skirts and I believe they were
standard.  The side trim on the rear fender starts just above the rear
bumper and runs forward to, but doe snot touch, the stone shield on the
front edge of the rear fender.  If you look very closely you can seen the
outline of the skirt - the wheel opening is about the same size as the rest
of the Chrysler line.  Along with the front fenders with the lip around the
wheel oprning, it gives the 1951-52 Custom Imperial a different look form
the New Yorker which was on the same 131½" wheelbase.

For 1953 and 1954, the Crown Imperial was shown with fender skirts as the
rear fenders were carried forward from 1951-52,  but the Custom Imperial was
not shown with fender skirts.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

.