Re: IML: factory cassette player

Thanks for the info - but at this point I think it is a blown fuse that I can't locate.
I had it playing.  But right now there is apparently no power to it.  This I determine because the green indicator light is not lit up at any point.  I went under the dash but am unsure which fuse it is.  I am guessing it must be the accessory fuse.  There is 1 fuse line separate but the wire is the same colour as wires coming from under the carpet by the cassette.  That is where I am confused - and my fingers are too big to check that one fuse.  I guess I will get a amp meter and cross the fuses tomorrow & try it that way.  The radio is working perfectly.

I just got this car out of a barn and today was a glorius 300 mile cruise around the backroads.

SpicemanII@xxxxxxx wrote:
Just in case I do not have all the details of your problem for the cassette not working in it's entirety, there is a little plug needed to make the radio work if the cassette is disconnected. They are black, about 1/2 inch across, have several holes. I have a supply of them and they are NOS. They are $5.00 each and do not include shipping. Joe Machado