Re: IML: Vinyl roof saga continues.

Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:For  the replacement
windshield, am I corerect in believeing that all full  size Mopars from
1969-1973 have the same front windshield?

To add to Elijah's comments:  "Not quite.  The '70 and '71 Imperial has the radio  antenna embedded IN the windshield.  The glass will physically fit  the opening, but the wire antenna will be visible in the glass.

  Also note that non-tinted glass was available, so assuming your car
has  factory A/C, be sure the replacement has the tinted area at the
top."

NOTE:  Be sure to specify a '69-73  4-door HARDTOP (pillarless).  69-73 4-door pillar sedan (and 2-door hardtop) glass will be different.  I found a perfect tinted '72 Fury sedan windshield for my '70 Chrysler T & C wagon at our local pick-n-pull.  THEY pull it for $75, a steal!  And the glass was perfect!  One of my better local finds!

Scott
Klamath Falls, OR

P.S.  I am hoping that my California '69 will have less rust under the vinyl roof than Frederick's '69...Its going to come off soon!