From: "Eric" <gearhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Braking Tests
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:49:45 -0700

A couple of years ago, I compiled a comparison of
braking distances that were done by the various
automobile magazine road tests that are on the
Imperialclub.com website. While there's any number of
variables due to different testing technology used
thru the years, the particular track surface, ambient
temp, and then drum vs disk difference in the cars
themselves, vehicle weights, etc, it was pretty
convincing that the distances started coming down when
disk brakes came on board in '67.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that post in the
archives after spending about 15 minutes looking now.
Direct comparisons of drum vs disk conversion would be
interesting.

Eric
Portland, Oregon