RE: IML: eBay

Sure, Fredrick,  they are out there, lying in wait for the people who don’t bother to check – we all know there are many dishonest people in the world – my message was that most folks ARE honest – sloppy or dumb sometimes, but usually not out to take advantage of you.

 Don’t shoot the messenger – eBay has no way to know if a person is telling the truth or not – other than folks like yourselves posting feedback about transactions.

 Since you didn’t do a transaction with the seller, you didn’t get a chance to post a comment about him, but when you do, please use the feedback system – it is what keeps the system honest for the rest of us!  In my 350 or so transactions, only about half of the people have bothered – and it’s a shame.

         check my feedback out if you wish – at:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=socalcarnut

By putting in the user’s ID name, you can check anyone out easily.

Dick Benjamin (socalcarnut on eBay)

From: Frederick Joslin
Subject: Re: IML: eBay

Last december a 1968 Imperial came up for sale on ebay. It was in Spokane where I live so I went to have a look at it. The car had been hit on both sides with the passenger front door needing replacing and the rear quarter panel needing replacing. No mention of this damage was made in the ebay add. There was a picture of a replacement door that the owner had, but not that it needed to be used. The door was the least of the problem since the rear quarter needed to be replaced and the damage extended around the corner to the rear tail light assembly. Other that this damage, the car seemed to be in quite nice condition with little to no rust although it was in a very tight garage and was difficult to see.

This was my only experience with a car on ebay and I would say that it was negative. The car was not described appropriately, verbally or with pictures.

FYI, this car or another 1968 Imperial was in the paper last weekend (Spokesman Review) here priced at $1600 and listed as "runs". I could find the phone number if anyone is interested.