Re: IML: Shocks for '66 Cpnvert.

Just my anecdotal observation about Monroe vs. KYB.  I
had a set of Monroe shocks on the front of my '66.
Within 7K miles they were completely limp and useless.
 You could compress and extend the RH one with
absolutely no resistance whatsoever.  The LH one was
not much better.

I installed a set of KYB's on the front (and rear) and
the ride of the car was transformed.  Smooth and
controlled.  The IML'ers who have driven my car can
attest to the quality of its ride and handling.  I
have noticed no deterioration over the years, so I
remain happy with my KYB's.

Possibly the Gabriel Red Ryders are comparable shocks.
 I wonder if anyone has had any experience with them?

As for Monroes, don't waste your money.  They aren't
up to the task with our heavy Imperials.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron