Re: IML: Model Kits 64/67

The 1967 Imperial was never issued as a kit, this is
true, it was only a dealer promotional and it was a
Crown Coupe by Jo-Han, not a Convertible. '67 Imperial
promotionals are quite rare and expensive...in the
$400 range for a nice example. The last Imperial
modeled in those days was the '68. Jo-Han altered the
mold to make the '68 so '67's will probably never be
reissued, but there have been reissues of the '68 and
Modelhaus I believe makes the unique '67 Front end.
'68 Imperial models are much more available and less
pricey than the rare '67, and converting a '68 to a
'67 should be easy. The other Rarity is the '66 Coupe
which was modeled by AMT and also was not issued as a
kit, only a Promotional...these are very rare and
valued at close to $1000 for a prime example...'66
convertibles are not too hard to find in kit form. The
toughest Imperial models to locate are the '62-'65
Convertibles...I've seen these promotionals sell for
over $2000 for the few mint boxed examples that have
been offered in recent years. The toughest kit to
find...one of the toughest in all modeldomfor that
matter... is an unbuilt '58 convertible....it took me
over ten years to find one...plan on at least $600 for
one of these. Just a little more Imperial modeling
history...thanks for listening, Bruce