Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:30 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 360 Crate Engines & '81 Imperial

Hello Imperialsts!

I seek your combined wisdom and expertise!!!

I have an '81 Imperial that I just had body-worked and painted.
(see image here: http://www.polar.ncc.edu/~mantell/imperial04.JPG)

Now I want some muscle under the hood!!! I've been looking at the
360 crate engines for some time. Can anyone recommend a good
reputable place for me to get one? Here's the companies I've found:
The Moparts Connection (www.mopartsracing.com)
Jim's Auto Parts (www.jimsautoparts.com)
Bouchillon Performance Engineering (www.BPEMopar.com)
and
HighPerformanceEngines.com (but when I spoke with a rep. a month
or so ago, I was told that they stopped selling them!!! - was there a problem
wit them???)
Some offer no warranty, others 90 days, and others 12 months!!!???

I am particularly interested in the 390 or 395 HP (or 435 HP if I can get
it for around $5000 or so)!!! All these are listed as "Not for use with A/C"!!!
Anyone know why? Is it just that they do not include the brackets and the
factory brackets will not fit? I have a mechanic who has much experience
with engine installation (Nick Losurdo of Classic Concepts on Long Island, NY)
and will make any brackets necessary!!!

Any other advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Many TIA!!!

Abe Mantell - mantell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2 '81 Imperials (down from 5!!!) :-/