Re: IML: 64-66 Conv.Owners Lub front end

Re: IML: 64-66 Conv.Owners Lub front end

Most Imperials that have had front end work done to them have steering parts that have small plugs in place of grease fittings. These plugs can be removed if done carefully with a good quality six point socket, & grease fittings installed into the holes. Care must be used when greasing those joints. They have a special rubber boot, different from the boots used in joints that have grease fittings. These joints without fittings were designed to be lifetime!  The rubber boot is designed to keep the grease in & dirt & moisture our. Use only a hand type grease gun & add only a SMALL amount of grease till the boot just starts to swell very slightly. Overfilling the boot will cause it to fail thus allowing contaminates to enter the joint. Then you are faced with replacement of unobtainium  parts.

George