IML: My '64 Imperial Crown Coupe kit build.....

IML: My '64 Imperial Crown Coupe kit build.....

Hi folks!
I just recently finished building an original 42 year old AMT Imperial kit and thought I post it here for you to check out.
The kit was built as part of an online model message board challenge on the www.modelcarkits.com Hobby Heaven site which we call the Hobby Heaven Double Dawg Dare Ya Challenge where we take vinatge collectable unbuilt kits and throw the unbuilt collectable value out the window and build the kit for the shear enjoyment of doing some different from the usual subjects and the enjoyment of the build process, it's not often folks will take 40+ year old kits and build them.

The Imperial I did got some induction upgrades under the hood with the addition of a Max Wedge crossram set up and the brakes have been upgraded to Dodge Viper calipers and 4 wheel discs. The biggest change is the rollin' stock which was done in modern direction tires and big rims with fine wire spokes, Something that Mr. Drysdale's great grandson might have done to his grandad's bankers hot rod if he got his hands on it. The rest of the kit was done up factory stock and I would just like to thank the list for all the great reference it provided thru the OIC website, it was a tremendous help in getting the details right on on the bodylines and interior trim... Hope you like it and it can easily be returned to stock with the hubcaps and whitewall tires.
Here's where the pics can be found in my model gallery...
http://public.fotki.com/buickjef/hobby_heaven_double-1/
And if you like model cars in general feel free to check out some of my other builds in the gallery...
http://public.fotki.com/buickjef/
Best regards,
Jeff Corey