IML: 81 Imperial saga continues

After narrowing my 81 Imperial rich problem down to possibly 2 items, I have been unable to test the fuel pressure or voltage to the hydraulic motor inside the air cleaner.  Every time the car is started it dies (flooded) before I can get the air cleaner open to conduct tests.  I read the old bulletin on the fuel pressure switch listing a replacement part from Jegs and ordered a switch.  It should be here Tuesday and I will install it and see if that cures anything.  I also have a bad oil leak from the back of the engine.  I noticed that the oil sender was smashed (how that would happen with all of the stuff at the back is beyond me) and replaced it, but I still have a substantial leak and I suspect that maybe I have the sender crossthreaded in the taped hole; its pretty hard to get a hand in there to install the switch, let alone see what you are doing with all of the stuff back there.  Next to the oil sender is some type of "inverted bell" looking contraption which maybe ties into the air pump l ines.  Do these things possibly leak?  Thanks for any help.  I viewed Dick Benjamins black Imperial feature, what a fantastic job on the Imperial!

Regis Bodnar
Greensburg, PA
1981 Imperial Coupe
66 Dodge Polara Cp