IML: Please Welcome New Member, Gunnar S. Valdimarsson

IML: Please Welcome New Member, Gunnar S. Valdimarsson

New Subscriber(s): Gunnar S. Valdimarsson
Email Address is: hippieking@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Reykjavik, Iceland

Car(s) owned: unfortunately none yet!

Self-Introduction: Hi all you Imperialists!
Greetings from the sub-arctic (actually it's anything but arctic these days, I don't know if its global warming or what, but it's springtime here already!) I've been a fan of Imperials since I was a kid in the Seventies. Back then there were a lot of American cars in Iceland, mostly bread-and-butter types: Ramblers, Darts, Valiants, Novas, there were also some beat-up Fifties cars with the fins, still in use as daily-drivers. And,of course, some muscle cars too.
I had a newspaper round in an upscale part of town where people had more "exciting" American cars: big Cadillacs, Lincolns, or maybe a Delta 88 or a New Yorker. But there was one car that caught my attention more than the others on my quiet early-morning round before the city stirred. It took me 12 paces to pass it on the pavement where it usually stood parked. It had gleaming chrome letters on the rear fenders that read I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L. I didn't know until later that it was a Chrysler make. This was a triple-black 1973 4-door and it belonged to the American Embassy in Reykjavik. It was the most stunning car I had ever seen. It made the Caddys look almost puny and Mercedes microscopic! Someone told me it was armored so, if true, it must have been around 3 tons at least. This car made me a "fuselage" fan and I decided to get me one before I got old. Of course, to me a person in his twenties was old at the time so I pictured myself driving an Imperial at seventeen! Tell you what: I'm 39 now and I still haven't got one. Hopefully I ca
n before too long. You have to have some aims in life:-)
Anyway, love your club's website, it's a great vent for my obsession. Keep the good work going!
Bye, Gunnar, Iceland