IML: 3 / 16 brake line and adjusters

The 62 line size is 3 / 16 , and the adjusters are actually easier to deal with - imho - than a star wheel that is frozen or has had the stars worn off or has had the self adjusting cable and small parts wear out as is often the case on the 63 and later mopars. That is only based on the fact that the self adjusters work only when you are backing up, when there is enough slack to let the adjuster move one notch and when the adjuster parts are all in good working order.

Anyway, I find that depending on how much driving I do I will adjust the brakes on my 62 every 6 months on average. Its a VERY SIMPLE matter and the FSM shows exactly how to do it, you simply use a 7/16 socket or wrench and turn the adjuster until the shoe starts to drag. The manual shows the direction you MUST turn each adjuster, as the front and rear are not the same.

One thing that takes a bit of patience is developing the feel for how much drag is required, but if you turn the adjuster back and forth a bit while rotating the tire youll see just how this system works. You want each shoe to have as equal amount of clearance to the drum as the other shoe, but if you read the manual its a very simple process.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe