Re: IML: Hard to read digest

> From: "jlandis81044@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jlandis81044@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: IML: HARD TO READ DIGEST
>
> HI TO ALL O.I.C. MEMBERS,
> AFTER BEING A MEMBER OF THIS GROUP
> FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS, I AM FINALLY GOING
> TO ADMIT MY INABILITY TO FIGURE OUT
> SOMETHING WHEN I RECEIVE MY "DIGESTS".
>  I RECEIVE THEM IN A FORM THAT IS FULL
> OF WHAT I CALL "GARBAGE" AND =
> HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH LOADS OF IT
> TO READ THE VARIOUS LETTERS FROM OTHER
> MEMBERS.

   It's because people post correspondence to the list in HTML of other
non-plain text formats. The List server can't read HTML etc., so it strips
it down to plain text, and you see a lot of 'code'.

   A fair number of people also fail to snip and/or clean up their replies,
so there's often a lot of unneccessarily quoted text.

  Sometimes people reply to whole digests, too, instead of cutting and
pasting their replies.

  We're a much more 'car-geeky' than 'computer-geeky' group though, so I
think we'll just have to live with it. I wouldn't want to lose the excellent
input from people, just because they don't know the pickayune details of how
to set up their e-mail properties for maximum list compatibility.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT