IML: 727 trans breather -- are there two?

IML: 727 trans breather -- are there two?

Dear fellow Imperial lovers,

I have seen multiple references to a breather hole that is at or near the transmission fluid pump (post-'65 so only one pump) and a breather hole that is at the rear of the main housing and opens into the tailshaft.

Neither of these breathers are discussed in the FSM or the ATSG transmission repair literature.  Yet, if your fluid is aerated a "clogged breather" may be at fault.

I did find a photo of the breather to the tailshaft (thanks, Philippe!), but still can't find the breather at or near the pump.  Is it the vent that is covered by the "vent baffle" as shown at http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/FSM/html/21-072.htm?

Thanks,

David

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man