Re: IML: Imperial truck? or Concept

In a message dated 12/11/2005 12:07:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, fljoslin@xxxxxxxx writes:
I would look at the new Mercedes SUV as a model.
The new Mercedes reminds me very much of a Pacifica/T&C. I frankly don't think it's worth the premium over the Town and Country. To begin with Mercedes has pretty rotten reliability ratings these days, and I'd be reluctant to buy the first edition of a new model anyway. Also, it's designed to carry six passengers while our GC carries seven on occasion.

The Pacifica is an awesome vehicle, in my opinion. I understand that the 2007 version, due out in the summer of 2006, will be available with a Hemi as well as a new 4.0 V6. DC needs to add stability control to make the Pacifica even more attractive.

We used to own a '96 T&C which we traded in on a '01 Dodge GC. Both cars needed transmissions at approximately 50k. Thank goodness for extended warranties!

Tom
60 New Yorker coupe
68 Imp convert