Re: IML: Imperial truck? or Concept

Kle;
  I would figure that if Chrysler were thinking of an Imperial truck or
S.U.V that the idea would have been scrubbed long before now. Not in so much
because of fuel prices, anyone who could afford a $60k+ vehicle wouldn't
care, but because they are out of fashion. Remember that vehicle called the
"Pacifica"?, nobody talks about those anymore including Chrysler. Though
technically not an S.U.V in that it wasn't a 4x4, it still had much of the
look and it went nowhere in sales. I would think that Chrysler would have
come out with a truck under it's own name first but as of late they have
only made them under Dodge.
  Part of the reason why Ford and G.M, especially G.M, are in such trouble
is that they put all of their eggs in one basket with S.U.Vs and crossovers,
now that the fad is fading they are losing market share. What has helped
Chrysler, as it has at points in the past, is doing things differently and
standing out. What the other two missed is that part of the reason why
people bought S.U.Vs wasn't because of the 4 wheel drive, or because they
were trucks, but because they were primarily rear wheel drive, not
underpowered, and didn't ride like a go-cart. Chrysler obviously figured
this out and brought us the Chrysler 300 sedan, and the Dodge Magnum station
wagon. Just to show how out of it G.M is, they phased out their last rear
wheel drive car in their cheaper makes and had to rebadge a Holden for
Pontiac.
 The only sin that I can point to in Chrysler's latest line-up of cars is
the lack of a two door body style, and perhaps a rag top. If Chrysler were
to bring back the Imperial, the 300 series would be a good base for it as
someone suggested, but with a longer wheelbase. They would also need to
spruce the interior and exterior trim; less cheasy plastic and vinyl with
perhaps wood veneer, metal brightwork, and better quality upholstery. Again
I think that they need a two door body style and perhaps think about
offering a limousine and a rag top. I also think that a revived version of
the split grille and sparrow strainers would clinch it.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts
1975 Chrysler Newport
Needs a bunch of stupid little things fixed.

.