IML: Carbs.

There is a string going around about carbs. This made me think about the carb on my 69 LeBaron.

I have the Carter AVS. What is the correct part number for this carb for my car? I would like to know if this is the original carb for the car.

The carb seems to work fine, but is probably original and thus 36 years old. A shop in town will rebuild it for $225 which is close to the same price for a new one. Is there any benefit in getting the original carb rebuilt other than for the originality? Would a new carb be better and if so what CFM should I get.

Thanks

Fred Joslin