Re: IML: Imperial Eagle Logo

check out the advertisements from 1959-60 (maybe
others).  There is an eagle above a ribbon with things
in its talons in a pretty consistent manner.

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Ads/Rugged.jpg

My thought:
Olive branch: peace & luxury for occupants
Arrows:  Ability to merge on and scare the hell out of
econo-car drivers?

May not have been the original intent.

-Kenyon

> On Nov 30, 2005, at 4:13 AM,
> <wardle65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Could any one shed any light on what the olive
> branch (not sure if it
> > is an olive branch) and the three arrows the eagle
> is holding on the
> > Imperial logo signifies?
> >
> > Regards
> >  Chris