IML: 56 Imperial Exterior S.S. trim

I am going to be removing the ss trim around the rear window soon for sanding. There is the ss trim the attaches with clips and then there is the ss trim that goes around on the rear window rubber. How does the ss   on the window rubber attach? Will I be able to put it back on with out taking the glass out? All input on this will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim
Bakersfield CA
1956 Imperial 2-Door Southampton