IML: Marvel Mystery Oil Uses

Hi John & List:

Regarding marvel mystery oil, I have used it as a gasoline additive in most of
our cars for perhaps 30 years.  I have put it in vehicles from the 1920's thru
1970's autos, generally adding about 6oz to each 10 gallons of gas.  I've had
few problems with either sticking valves despite some of the cars going for months
without use or burned valves.  I also believe it may help retard the deterioration of
some of the modern gasolines that we have after they get a little stale.  I have not
ever used it as an oil additive.

I generally carry a large wine bottle with me to add the marvel oil to the gas with.
Sometimes folks at the gas station will ask if I am really putting wine in the car.
With tongue in cheek, I tell them the car loves red wine, but never give it white wine
or it will have a terrible attack of pique.

I hope this helps,

Robert