Sent:
Friday, November 25, 2005 12:41 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: "Overhaulin" my 1970 - Alternator upgrade? Why?

If one is doing an engine upgrade, but leaving most of the rest alone, why would an alternator upgrade be desireable or worth doing custom fab work to get?

Why do I want 85 or 100 amp?  What's wrong with "stock" 65 amp?

I do not plan any major stereo system - maybe something modest, but not a PA system of any kind.

This change didn't occur to me, and I can't see a reason to do it, but learning and asking questions is why I'm here.  Do tell....