Re: IML: "Overhaulin" my 1970

From: FltSgt@xxxxxxx

snip
The last item of this area is the alternator.  Find the big boy that is on
the '81 - '83 Imperials.
snip

I don't think the big alternator from the 80's fits the same brackets. I've had a heck of time with this on my 360 Magnum powered '83. In fact it was by far the biggest stumbing block in the swap. I had to go with a small altenator. I don't know what big-block brackets fit it and if you are looking for them your best bet is probably 5th Avenues and like from that era since 80's Imperials are few and far between in the boneyards.

Rob