Re: IML: alternator and PS Belt for 1960 Imperial

Re: IML: alternator and PS Belt for 1960 Imperial

While you are at it, you might as well get the water pump belt too.

There were more Imperials built with alternators than previously thought. The change occurred in early spring. Some one that I was corresponding with determined that there were at least a couple thousand 1960 Imperials built that way. That said, I recall now that anytime I have ordered belts for my '60 Custom w/factory alternator & A/C, I have had to use the '61 application. Some parts books refer to that application as late'60/1961 for electrical stuff. It is true that '61 is the same.

I looked at the Gates web site. It looks like there is a "store locator" function and it is divided into various world wide regions. There has got to be a way to order your belts over the internet.

Paul W.