IML: '68 Imperial Crown for Sale in Kentucky

IML: '68 Imperial Crown for Sale in Kentucky

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine recently told me about a '68 Crown
that's for sale in Maysville, KY.  He took a few
pictures of it, and I've temporarily posted them at
http://www.imperialclub.com/temp/1968/68Crownforsale/

I know nothing about the car other than my friend's
description below, which includes a phone number.
Maybe someone can give this one a good home!
While in town I spotted this 68 Imperial Crown.  I
called the number, but didn't get a call back until i
was back on Ft. Campbell.  It sounds like the guy just
picked it up to turn it for a quick buck, or possibly
pull the engine and tranny.  When we started the
conversation, he said he wanted $3,500.00, by the end
of the conversation he was at $2,800.00.  I didn't
really know what to make of him.  Figured you might
know someone who might be interrested.  I think his
name was Richard, and the number is 859-246-1738.  The
car looked pretty good, and the guy seemed pretty
honest about running down a list of imperfections. On
the phone, the guy said it had 57,000 original miles.
The Odometer read 57,105, and the car is in pretty
good shape, but the front seat doesn't match the back.
 It is a gold ornate fabric with brown leather on top,
really sharp, but the pattern on the back seat was
slightly different.  The interior looked good.  I saw
one break in the fabric where the driver would sit.
The dash, doors, and back seat all looked really good.
 The body looked good.  The rust looked pretty
minimal.  The front chrome looked great, but the rear
bumper had some rust.  The guy said the AC worked, but
needed recharging.  Only the passanger front window
was still working, it will need a muffler, among other things.

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan