Re: IML: Best Imperial eBay ad ever?

Good morning, Kenyon!

Yes, presentation is everything, isn't it?  Interesting piece of information.  Anyway, it looks like we'll get to meet you along with Marshall this weekend in Jamul.  I believe he's coming down on Saturday, but we told him we'd be around all weekend.  Lookin forward to seeing you.

                                                                                      Bob Wagner/Bob Lasher

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Item number: 4583385464

If you sell your car, this is how to go about it!

I recently listed a car and was VERY casual about it.
It was priced "high" according to some negatives that
I got back from folks, and was repeatedly told that it
was worth about 50%-70% of the asking price and it was
even implied that it was sort-of a rip-off
(price-wise) in some instances, even though the people
speaking hadn't seen the car in person, which was a
9-out-of-10 sort of thing that needed really minor
finishing tweaks to be really, really first rate. I
would have driven it as is and been thrilled with it,
but to each his/her own, I guess.

Someone else took charge of it later on (no hard
feelings there) and put the car up starting at about
40% of the reserve. The car got some bids, stalled,
and then re-ignited to shoot past the reserve to about
$6,000 over what the owner had originally pegged as
his required sale price.

Most of that I attribute to the salesmanship and good
presentation of the person that listed it.

The car in the ad could come across as just another
1980's Imperial. There are a few around, and most are
shaggy dogs at best - Lovable, but in need of serious
grooming to be presentable.

This car is pretty nice, I'll admit, but I've seen
others that had similar potential go for a song. This
seller, it seems to me likely paid a professional
detailer or is very good at it him/herself, and
whoever took the photos really did a good job of
picking or arranging lighting. The car comes across
as crisp and clean. I'm not a 1980's guy, but the ad
almost made me forget that!

If you are going to be selling your car on ebay, you
could do a LOT worse than to follow in this person's
footsteps. Good photos and extensive info WILL
generate lots more interest.

I look forward to seeing how successful this auction
is and wish the seller well, whoever they are!......

Kenyon Wills