RE: IML: Alison's car

Yes, Torrance is a suburb of LA.  Alison’s car previously was owned by Norm Silverman (AKA “Watchfatha”) and was a very nice driving car - I drove it.  I believe Alison converted it to an Edlebrock carburetor to cure some problem with the AFB – I hope you got the original carburetor with the car.  There’s nothing wrong with the Edlebrock conversion, but you might want to put the car back to original someday.  There was a problem getting the air cleaner to fit, so I think the car had an aftermarket (ugh) air cleaner on it.

Dick Benjamin (who used to work in Torrance)

Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:31 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Alison's car

Bob !    Sorry to take so long to get back to your query.  I had to get hold of the person that I bought the car from, here in NZ.  He tells me that the owner was Alison Ikeler from Torrance CA.  Is that near Los Angeles ?  excuse my ignorance.

It is certainly amazing how small the world is, or how powerful the internet is.

All the Imperial best. Peter H

63 LeBaron