IML: 64 Imperial Running Problems - VOILA! Finito!

IML: 64 Imperial Running Problems - VOILA! Finito!

This was so obvious (of course, in hindsight, it always is) I feel like an idiot for not figuring it out myself.

The rough idle in gear was because the power brake booster was leaking. Put a new one in today and the engine idle is so smooth, you can't be sure it's running.

In the last month I put in a new long block 413, rebuilt the PS unit, new water pump, radiator, lined the gas tank, new fuel sender for the tank, new Edelbrock 1406, new master cylinder, new gas shocks, new coil, wires, plugs and all that stuff, new Yokohamas, complete new exhaust system, had the crumbling foam replaced in the otherwise perfect front seats, acquired a fiberglas repro of the top boot ends, new top boot vinyl, had the exterior detailed by a pro and now I have a beautiful burgundy (what is the correct color name, anyway) Imperial convertible with near perfect paint, chrome, interior and now drivetrain.

After over 5K extra invested, I can take it to it's car show debut tomorrow. Here in the Las Vegas area, they have a big three day car show in downtown Henderson each September with over 750 cars, most of which are hot rods and customs. I know this baby will draw some attention as it glistens in the sun - I hope some rich high roller strolls by and offers me some cash, 'cause I'm ready for another project!

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Jay