From: "Jon Ricketson" <jcricketson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: I "Fixed" the Fan but BROKE the Switch!
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:36:30 -0400

So, today I worked on my '66 Crown Coupe and, while trying to figure out why

my heater/AC fan would not run, I figured out that the switch with the 5
buttons in it was faulty.  This part is pretty complex - with several vacuum

hoses plugged into it, and 4 or 5 electrical wires attached to it.  The push

buttons were engaging the vacuum switches correctly and were turning the AC
Compresser Clutch on and off correctly, but were NOT sending any power to
the fan via the fan speed switch.  The fan speed switch is working fine so I

know the problem is in the 5 button switch.  I confirmed this by doing some
continuity testing with an ohm meter.  Spraying lots of electrical cleaner
into the small openings in the switch provided inconsistent results.
Anyway, connecting one of the wires to the hot lead on the switch resulted
in the fan running always - even when the OFF button is pushed.  And the fan

speed switch works.  For now, I can live with this.  At least I now get heat

and AC!!