IML: Keeping Parts Clean for Future Use

Over the past several months I have been collection many extra parts for my 64 imperial.   I do I go about storing these parts to keep them nice in the event I need to use them years from now?   Should I spray WD40 over all the metal parts to keep them from rusting?  I am even thinking about one of those vacum seal machines to vacum seal the parts!

Also, this is my first collectable car, and thank goodness my 64 imperial is #1.5 condition.  However, I was just wondering why there a billion aftermarket part companies for the typical boring chevys, fords and buicks, but scare companies for Chryslers (unless you have a Charger, Roadrunner)!   Is there something this group could do to lobby companies to mark parts our beloved imperial tanks!   I would be willing to lead the charge!!!!